Introduction: What is the Role of Commerce Graduates in India?
Commerce graduates have a wide range of career options. They can work in sectors like banking, trading, marketing, retail, logistics, etc. They can also go on to pursue higher studies in fields like business management or accounting.
The role of commerce graduates in India has been changing rapidly. The trend of commerce graduates going for jobs in the field of finance and banking has been declining. Instead, they are going for jobs in the field of marketing, social media, and content management.
A commerce graduate is a person who has completed an undergraduate degree in commerce from a college or university. Commerce graduates have traditionally pursued careers in banking and finance but with the rise of new industries such as digital marketing, data analytics, and content management, many more opportunities have opened up for them.
Graduates with a degree in commerce are well-equipped to work in the financial sector, which is one of the most lucrative industries.
In India, commerce graduates are one of the most sought-after graduates. They have a number of opportunities in their field.
Commerce graduates can work as a business analyst, marketing manager, financial analyst and many more. The list is not limited to these jobs though. There are many other job profiles that commerce grads can enter into and excel at.
What are the Career Options for Commerce Graduates in India?
The Indian economy is one of the fastest growing in the world and with this growth, the demand for graduates with a commerce background has increased. With a commerce degree, graduates can pursue a variety of career options in India and abroad.
Commerce graduates can pursue careers in banking and finance, advertising, marketing, event management, journalism and publishing among others.
A Commerce graduate is well equipped to enter any industry because their education provides them with skills like communication, critical thinking and problem solving which are essential for any job.
Commerce graduates are likely to find jobs in the following sectors:
Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
Retail and Manufacturing
How to Prepare For Your Job After Studying Commerce in India in 2022?
You can use the following steps to prepare for your job after studying commerce in India:
1. Internships and work experience are essential to develop your skills and knowledge. They will help you understand the industry better and will also help you get a job faster. You can take up internships at companies like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, etc.
2. To make yourself more employable, it is important that you develop necessary skills such as communication, negotiation, leadership skills etc. You can do this by taking up courses like Advanced Negotiation Skills Course from ICAI or Advanced Leadership Skills Course from IIM-A.
3. Learn about the latest developments in the commerce industry of India, The commerce industry of India has undergone a lot of changes over the past few years. Now, with the advent of e-commerce, it’s never been easier to purchase goods and services. From online payments to virtual storefronts, businesses all over the world are taking advantage of these new technologies.
Top 5 Skills Required by Employers from a Commerce Graduate
Commerce graduates are in high demand in the workforce. Employers are looking for candidates with skills that can help them succeed in business.
– Interpersonal Skills: These are necessary for dealing with people at work or outside of work.
– Time Management Skills: Managing your time well will help you get more done, which will make you more valuable to your employer.
– Communication and interpersonal skills: You need to be able to communicate and interact with people from various backgrounds and cultures. This includes communicating with people who speak different languages.
– Critical thinking and problem solving: You need to be able to think critically, solve problems creatively, and make decisions independently.
– Reading comprehension: You need to be able to read a variety of materials such as books, newspapers, magazines etc., understand what they say, and use this information appropriately in your work or studies.
– Mathematics: You need some basic knowledge of mathematics such as algebraic equations and forex.
It is not easy to get a job in India, especially if you are studying commerce. There are many factors that will determine how prepared you are for your job after studying commerce.
The first thing to do is to make sure that you have the right skill set for the position you want. This means that if you want to work in an investment bank, then it would be best to study finance or accounting.
Next, it is important to have some experience in the field before applying for a job. It would also help if you had interned or volunteered at a company in this industry before applying for a full-time position.
Finally, it is important to have connections with people who work in this industry so they can help introduce you when the time comes.
If you are looking for any commerce job; Right away register at www.freshersworld.com