Having a career objective/ resume objective on your resume helps you attract the recruiter’s attention. A career objective summarizes your experience and key skills relevant to the job for which you have applied.
What is a career objective on a resume?
It is the top paragraph written on the resume that summarizes your skills and knowledge in the field that you are applying for. It helps you to secure a position in a new role or entry-level role by highlighting your organizational skills and proving your relevance to the company.
It has to be stated in a way that shows how your qualifications would convert into success and hence, growth for the organization.
Career Objective for resume or Resume Objective Examples
- Highly engaged sales representative with a degree in BA, seeking to enhance the sales figure at Future group
- Seeking a position as XYZ with the company ABC to leverage organizational skills to support internal communication.
- To secure a position with the digital marketing team to improve my skills in SEO and SEM to increase the website traffic organically
- To secure an entry-level position with the finance team to gain practical accounting experience
- Seeking a challenging position with a reputed MNC to leverage my organizational and research skills
Each industry may have a different career or resume objective depending on the role and position of the candidate. What to write in your objective resume and how to write an objective in a resume can be learned from samples provided here. Let us look at the career objective of some of the popular industries.
Read more: Why Do You Need a Resume
Marketing Career Objective Samples:
- A certified digital marketer with strong SEO skills that would generate more traffic on the website organically and a highly motivated individual who pays attention to the details, looking to secure a position with XXX company as the SEO specialist.
- Seeking an entry-level role in marketing to polish my skills in creative writing and effectively managing internal and external communications.
Accounting Career Objective Samples:
- Qualified accountant seeking a position of senior account executive at your company with prior experience in accounting and bookkeeping at reputed firms.
- Looking for an appropriate position as a fresher with hands-on knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping.
Sales Career Objective Samples:
- An experienced salesperson with knowledge in lead generation and lead qualification and proven customer service seeking a position of Sales Associate in your organization.
- Seeking the role of Sales Manager to build a better client relationship and escalate revenue by applying mine over five years of experience, team leadership, customer management, and communication skills.
IT Career Objective Samples:
- To obtain a software development position with a leading IT company where I can utilize my graphic skills and relevant certifications in CCDA.
- Seeking to work as a System Engineer in your company to further my knowledge in the IT domain by utilizing my excellent academic record, understanding of Azure, and ability to test software.
Finance Career Objective Samples:
- Seeking a position of Senior Financial Analyst to work in a challenging environment with my five years of experience in analytical and quantitative skills can be utilized.
- Self motivated individual with over seven years of experience in financial modeling and reporting and efficient knowledge of Tally and SAP desires to work as Finance and Accounts Manager at XXX Pvt. Ltd.
Teacher Career Objective Samples:
- A committed professional teacher with strong academic background and classroom teaching experience with modern techniques seeks to provide high- level teaching to students.
- A highly motivated Science teacher with over five years of teaching experience in reputed private schools seeking a permanent position at ABC school.
HR Career Objective Samples:
- Experienced HR in end-to-end recruitment and sourcing, employee engagement and performance management along with an ability to work with multiple stakeholders for the growth of the business, looking to secure a challenging position in the HR department.
- HR management professional seeking an opportunity to employ my previous experience in staffing, employee relations, and project management.
Banking Career Objective Samples:
- An experienced banker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills for making new clients and retaining existing ones, seeking a position of Relationship Manager with the XYZ bank.
- An enthusiast with an MBA degree in finance, seeking a challenging position in your bank as ABC to learn and acquire new skills while contributing to the growth of the industry.
Media/ Journalist Career Objective Samples:
- Dedicated media professional with over four years of experience in gathering and reporting information on pertinent issues within a defined deadline, seeking a position of News Reporter for a reputed media house like XYZ.
- With my prior experience in handling marketing materials like websites, brochures, press releases, and magazines, I am seeking a Copy Editor position to ensure quality based timely delivery of marketing materials at XYZ firm.
Engineering Career Objective Samples:
- Seeking an Electrical Engineer position to employ my skills and experience in working efficiently with electrical equipment and leading project teams for the growth of ABC company.
- With a strong academic background and internship experience with a reputed IT firm, looking for a chance in a company that helps me to deliver to the best of my capabilities in the field of engineering.
Read More: Basics of Writing a Resume
Hence, adding a career objective to your resume makes it more effective and attracts the attention of recruiters placing you in the category of serious candidates. In order to grab the attention of the recruiters, adding some relevant keywords related to the resume will also further your chances of being selected. Some of the examples of resume keywords are enthusiastic, hardworking, creative, dedicated, determined, goal-oriented, and optimistic, to name a few.
If you are looking for any job, register today at www.freshersworld.com – The best Fresher Hiring job portal in India.