What to do after 12th!! Humanities or Arts???
“The humanities—including the study of languages, literature, history, jurisprudence, philosophy, comparative religion, ethics, and the arts—are disciplines of memory and imagination, telling us where we have been and helping us envision where we are going.”
—The Heart of the Matter (Report of the American Academy of Arts & Science’s Commission on the Humanities and Social Sciences to the U. S. Congress in June 2013)
As the definition suggest that humanities is such a broad classification of various subjects, actually say various interesting subjects. So if you are not so much into technical stuff or mathematics. Don’t worry humanities and arts are the best thing which will happen in your life. As you have already seen that there are like hundreds of subjects there which you can read through humanities. And believe me they are cool very cool. You can imagine yourself, what would be better than reading novels for the examination!!
Sounds awesome, right?
Believe me if I have not gotten into science then I would have chose career in psychology. What would be cooler than reading people’s mind, helping them out of mental situations.
So, that was a small introduction. Now coming on to the topic, What are your career options after 12th in humanities or arts. I have done a little bit of research, so I am discussing them as follows:
1. Bachelor of Arts: BA is a good option for you to pursue your career in your favorite field. For a better career, I would suggest if you are reading it before your 12th boards exam, to score really good. Then you would be able to get into one of the top art colleges. So let’s talk in which fields you can do your BA:
- Accounting and Finance
- Any language (Hindi, English, French, Urdu Japanese etc)
- Home Science
- Political Sciences
- Performing arts (Music, Dance, acting)
- Visual Arts ( painting, sculpture etc)
- Social Science (History, geography, Civics)
Now, I think you got the idea how wide is humanities field is. Maybe I am missing some of the fields. I think I could help you to find your choice of field.
2. BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration): Want to make your future is management?? Then you should choose BBA or BMS. They stand for Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Management Studies.After BBA it is always preferred to go for an MBA. That will ensure your chances to get a really good job. In BBA you will learn basic concepts of marketing, sales, accounts and finance. That will always be a plus point when you’ll apply for MBA in future.
3. Diploma: If you are interested in fashion or cooking and make your future in these fields then I will suggest you do apply for diploma or degree in those fields. Make you hobby or passion into your career aim. Following are the fields in which you can do your diploma:
4. Law: Law can also be a really good choice of career to pursue in future. As my mother used to say when I had argues with her,’ Why don’t you become a lawyer??’ . Oh, those good old days. If you like to argue like that and ,making your point every time then you can pursue to go in law field.
With a good CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test) score you can get top colleges in India for LLB (bachelors in Law). After that you can do LLM (masters in Law) or Master of Business Education. Want to know what is scope? Just search on google, What is pay of legal adviser?
5. Aviation Industry: You can join aviation industry since the pay is good. You will get a really luxurious life and perks in the jobs too. You can pursue your career in following fields:
- Air hostess or Flight stewards
- Diploma in Airport Management
- Diploma in aviation hospitality
So these were few courses, Which I thought might help you to find you a good career options in future. I hope I covered all the topics. If any thing I missed, all suggestions are welcomed.
All the best to you for future.